Monday, April 30, 2012

As promised...

Here it folks!  As promised the weird pink stuff I saw in the grocery store.


I would love to say that I triumphed over my phone, and my technological shortcomings, and was in fact able to post this without going through some ridiculous steps to get the above picture here.  Sadly, I cannot make that proclamation.

I tried so hard to get Blogger and my pathetic excuse for a phone to be friends.  All I got in return were error messages.  Bad phone!  Sit in the corner and hang your head in shame!

In order to get the above picture from my phone to this post, I had to post it to Facebook, then download it from there to my computer, the upload it back here.  Oh yes, my phone hates Blogger but is all BFF with Facebook. 

So all of this hoopla has been about the weird stuff in this picture.  What the heck is that supposed to be?

It is in the grocery store, on the shelves near the peanut butter and the Nutella.  It says it is strawberry & cream flavored.   Strawberry and cream flavored what?  Spread is a very vague word.  You could put toxic waste on toast and call it a "spread". 

Presumably the strawberry bit is the pink part, so then the white part should be the cream?  If it is cream why isn't it refrigerated, and why is it so thick? 

As I mentioned, I already posted the picture to Facebook.  Consensus there seems to be that:
A) it is unnatural
B) the white part is some sort of marshmallowy-fluff.

So why isn't it strawberry & marshmallow flavored then?  Where does the cream fit in to all of this?  Could it be cream flavored marshmallow?  That seems so wrong.

I'm going to have to go back and do a closer investigation of this product.   I'll just read the ingredients and see if there is anything in there that remotely says cream (or in fact any ingredients that I can pronounce and recognize that aren't chemicals).  And no -- I have no intention of purchasing it and eating it.

Well...as of right now I have no intention of purchasing and eating it.  You never know.  I could be in the store, get all caught up in the moment and decide that I must buy it and sample it in the name of science.  I'd be doing it for you, friends.

This was totally worth the wait and having to read all about my epic battles with my phone, right? 

This is the stuff that keeps me up at night -- wondering what the white goop in the bottle actually is supposed to be.  Seriously, stupid crap like this is why I can't turn my brain off and get to sleep at a reasonable hour.



No comments:

Post a Comment