Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Is that an expiration date?

I noticed this morning that there is a date stamped on the bottom of my tube of Chapstick.  It's the Cherry Classic type, if you need to know.  I was confused.  Does it actually have an expiration date?  Is that the date they made this tube?  What does it mean?  Tell me, Google, tell me!!!


The answer is apparently yes, Chapstick does have an expiration date.  It's on their website.

That means mine expired last July.

I've been using it every day.  It never occurred to me that something like that would expire.  I only have a little bit of my tube left, and I plan on finishing it.

I mean, how bad can it be?  I've been using it this whole time without knowing it was expired, and it hasn't done anything awful like make my lips fall off or turn green or something.  It still tastes like cherry when I lick my lips, and my lips are still soft.  It is still doing the job as far as I'm concerned.

And it's not like it is something you eat that has definitely spoiled and will make you sick.  Sure, you might ingest the tiniest little bit when you eat or drink something while wearing it, but that doesn't make a difference.  It is not in the same ballpark as eating moldy bread.  If you eat that much Chapstick, like taking a chomp out of a tube, then you have bigger problems to worry about, in my opinion.

Besides, Chapstick is pretty much just wax, oil and sunscreen as far as I can tell, with a little fruit flavoring thrown in the mix.  I don't worry about my candles expiring. 

I don't think any of you particularly care about the state of my Chapstick.  It was just a revelation to me that it actually expired.  I thought I would share in case any of you  have tubes and need to check their dates as well.

 I cannot possibly be the only person that didn't know it expired, can I?



No comments:

Post a Comment