Friday, April 27, 2012

Will it work?

We are venturing into the realm of the shiny and new, friends!

Right now, as I write this, I am simultaneously attempting to post a new blog post from my mobile phone.  Aren't you excited I chose to include you in the moment?  I knew you would be.

I got it registered and set up without any problems.  Blogger has instructions that would be super hard to mess up, even for me.

My phone, on the other hand, is the technological weak link in this scenario.  It doesn't really like sending pictures, which is what I need it to do since that is what inspired the whole need to post from the phone.

I had 3 bars worth of charge left on my phone, which is pretty good.  I tried to send the picture, with only the bare minimum text, since I will be adding to it later.  My phone tells me "not enough energy for picture mail".  Excuse me?  You are almost fully charged!

So I plug it into the charger, which should solve the problem.  Or not.

See, my phone is a few years old.  It has been dropped a few times.  Also, my cat has a tendency to try to "answer" it if I leave it sitting on a table and it is set to vibrate.  She thinks it is some kind of special toy that moves on its own, and she will knock it onto the floor, many times resulting in the back popping off and the battery popping out.  This has caused me the special problem of watching the phone repeatedly turn itself on and off when I plug it in to charge.  (My cat, Jasmine,  also gets very confused when an episode of The Office comes on television because the theme song is my ringtone for incoming text messages.  She hears the song on tv and looks at me, as if to say, "Why aren't you getting the phone?  Don't just sit there!")

The phone has seen better days, is what I am trying to say.

The important part is this: if you see some sort of half-assed weird post show up having something to do with a grocery store -- that is a signal of success!  We will be winning!

It might take a while, though.  It once took almost 12 hours for a picture I sent to show up on Facebook.  Don't stay up waiting for it.  If it never shows up, we can try this again tomorrow!  Feel the excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment