Saturday, April 7, 2012

Either Way, It Can't Be Good..

Not to over-share, but I just brushed my teeth, rinsed with mouthwash, and now the drain in my sink is freaking sizzling!

This is disturbing.  It's making me worry for a couple reasons.

1) Holy crap, the stuff I just had in my mouth is strong enough to make my sink sizzle!  That can't be healthy. 

2) The mouthwash might be eroding my sink.  OMG !  What if the plumbing is so old that the mouthwash is literally eating it away as I write this?  What if I leave thinking everything is fine and come home to the fire department trying to contain some sort of freak mouthwash-erosion fire?  Or maybe it will leave a huge hole in the floor where the sink used to be. 

Should I run the water?  Maybe that will make it thin out and stop the sizzle-fest in the drain.  What if it just makes it worse - like eating hot peppers and drinking water?  Water just spreads the burn around.  (Milk will stop the burn from peppers, just saying.)

I'm going to run the water.  Maybe I turned the water off too soon and that is why I have never heard this before.  Oh man, I wonder how long the mouthwash has been trying to destroy my plumbing.

I don't need this kind of stress just brushing my teeth.  Well, fingers crossed and hope for the best.  If you never hear from me again, know that I probably sank into a mouthwash-created sinkhole in my own bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment