Saturday, January 14, 2017

Saturday By The River

Hey, Friends.

Ah, Saturday.  A lovely day for being a little lazy and sleeping late...well, on the weeks when I am not scheduled to work, that is.  I happened to have today off, but I'm a dumb ass and scheduled a hair appointment for this morning so I had to get up early anyway.  Okay, so it wasn't really early, but much earlier than I would have liked.

What to do with myself after, all fresh and beautified?  It was only about 10:30 in the morning after all.  I should do something, show off my hair that is all blown out and straight at the moment -- a rarity indeed.

First step: get more coffee, obviously.  I do have my priorities, Friends.

And then I decided it would be a good idea to go take a little wander about and take some pictures.  I had the rest of the day free, and the weather wasn't horrible so why not?  

I headed to Longview Park.  It was only about 25 degrees out after all, and I wasn't exactly dressed to go out on a hike.  A reminder, Friends: it's always a good idea to bring gloves with you when it is cold outside.  I didn't, since I hadn't originally been planning on going anywhere else.  Don't be like me -- plan ahead.  My fingers were not happy during my little spur of the moment jaunt.

Turns out there aren't many other people out frolicking in public parks when it is 25 degrees outside. Surprising, I know.  Nice time for some quiet contemplation, listening to the birds and the crunching of the ice as it breaks up on the Hudson River.




Without further ado, let me show you how I spent part of my Saturday.  I've even selected some fine music for your listening pleasure.



Give it a try.  You might like it.



It might look like late afternoon, but it was about 11:30 in the morning.


Why yes, my feet were a tad chilly. I refer you to the poor planning mentioned above.


Looking down the river toward the Walkway Over the Hudson.


Geese doing a polar plunge


Just chilling

That was the sky at noon.  


Black & white.  Thought I'd switch it up a bit.


That was my Saturday, Friends: drinking coffee and taking pictures.  I consider it a day well spent.  I hope all of you found a way to make your day just as enjoyable.




No comments:

Post a Comment