Wednesday, December 27, 2017

The Follow Up That No One Asked For

Hey, Friends.

I know, I know. It's been a while. I hope you are all doing fine, celebrating a very nice holiday season.

I meant to write this up and post it last night, but then I got distracted by following Chrissy Tiegen and her LAX to LAX flight adventure. I'm not saying it's a good excuse, but it is what it is. (Okay, so I'm still kind of following it now. Will she make it to Tokyo this time? Will she end up back at LAX again?) I'm going to try not to be distracted and get this finished.

As you can see from the above title, I'm pretty sure that most of you are not going to give slightest bit of a shit about this update. I know people are still concerned about what happened with my neighbor, Walt. I still get asked about it. I don't know anything else, but I promise to let you know if there are ever any new developments. I think we have gotten just about all of the closure on that situation that is ever likely to happen.

This is an update that no one asked for, Friends. It's silly, probably teetering on being ridiculous. Back to the way my world normally functions, really. The idea to do this popped into my head as I was getting ready for bed on Christmas Eve, and it wouldn't go away. The holidays are all about love and joy, spending time with family and friends. I would love to give everyone who bothers to read my little blog here a present. This is it, kids. I'm hoping to give you the gift of mirth -- a little laughter and amusement, even if it is at my own expense.

Now that I've wasted your time with all of this rambling, let's get to the actual update...

You might recall that I wrote a post as a birthday present for someone back in September. (Don't remember, or didn't find your way here at that time? You should really click that link, kids. I'm sure you're smart enough to follow along just fine without doing so, but it might make a hell of a lot more sense if you read it first. Go ahead. I'll wait.)

Are we all back and up to speed now? Excellent.

As you now remember because you just read it and have an attention span greater than a gnat, I managed to score an amazing thrift store treasure. Like I still can't get over the fact that this t-shirt even exists, much less that it made it's way to a thrift store in Poughkeepsie.

It's Christmas time. As I mentioned in that post, I have been wearing my lovely t-shirt as pajamas.

See? I am wearing it. No, you do not get a better picture. I remembered to take the damn picture right before going to bed. Hair is a mess, I'm rocking my glasses since I had already taken out my contacts. This is all you get.

I can report that Santa did not magically kidnap Logan and leave him under my Christmas tree. I'm okay with that. I don't really want to find out that Santa is involved in human trafficking. I'm going out on a limb on this one, but I'm also pretty sure that Logan would not want to wake up wrapped as a present in a strange location and would much rather be with his family and loved ones. Just a guess.

To be fair, today is the third day of Christmas. I also have not received: 3 French hens, 2 turtle doves, or a partridge in a pear tree. I don't know where I would ever put such a menagerie if I did get it. (No one send me any of those things! I do not want or need a Twelve Days of Christmas zoo!) 

That's the magic of Christmas, Friends. People are more hopeful. They are more willing to believe in the goodness of others, that something wonderful can happen at any second. It's the joy of making other people happy. It's the surprise of the little acts of kindness people seem more willing to bestow on others at this time of year.

So no, as awesome as my t-shirt is, it does not appear to have fantastic magical powers. It is super comfy as pajamas though, so I'm considering that a win.

And to make this a full update, let me address the questions that I'm betting some of you have. Okay, so it might be like one of you. I know I would want to know. Basically I'm answering my own questions that I would have if I was reading this somewhere else. 

At the end of the original post, I included a letter, which you can find below:

On the off-chance that Logan ever actually sees this and reads it...

Hi Logan.

We've never met. You don't know me, and I don't know you. I follow you on Twitter and I dig your music. BTR was great, but I really love the music you are making on your own and can't wait to hear more of it. I'm not a creepy stalker, I swear! I've seen countless posts in the last couple of days about your upcoming birthday, so I thought I'd share this story as a little gift.

Unless you hate it. Then we can both just agree to pretend like this never happened and go on with our lives. You can make music, I'll buy it and listen to it, and sometimes I'll reply to you on Twitter.

Are we cool?  Hope so.

Happy Birthday!

Tammy
@tammyshampoo on Twitter


Now, let me try to read your minds and provide some answers.

1) Yes, a lot more people saw this than I ever expected. That post is now the second most viewed that I have ever written. Just to give you some idea of how insane I know my blog must look to anyone other than myself, my Top Five All Time Blog Posts are:


2) No, I have no idea if he ever saw it. He's a busy guy and probably has a lot of things to do beside reading my ramblings online. Plus, I'm sure he was celebrating birthday festivities and being inundated with birthday messages. I never got a response of any kind, which is totally understandable. He'd probably still be answering people today if he addressed every single individual. 

3) Do you hope that he saw it? Yes, and a little bit of no.

I wrote the thing as a birthday gift, so clearly I wanted him to see it. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. He's fucking mysterious like that. I'm honestly hoping he didn't hate it. We might be in the "let's pretend this never happened phase" and I am clueless. Hell, for all I know this post will make him think I'm some kind of an obsessed creepy stalker and he will block me and tell me never to darken his digital doorstep again. Yes, that's how my brain works, Friends. My mind comes up with all sorts of possible outcomes, and then frets about the worst case scenario. Anything else that happens or doesn't happen is still a better outcome than what my imagination conjured.

This is the important part, Friends. It was a gift. You don't give someone a gift with the expectation of getting anything in return. I may never know if he ever sees it. You all saw it and liked it, so it was kind of a group gift in the long run. I made some great new online friends because of it. That is honestly more than I ever expected to get out of it. The fact that people liked it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I think that about sums it up. I hope you all enjoyed my kind of pointless, holiday-inspired nonsense. If I brought you even a tiny bit of holiday cheer, then I will consider this to have been a success.

Take those happy thoughts and go out into the world and do something nice for someone else. Spread a little magic of your own.


**And it is the 12 days of Christmas. I can still wear my t-shirt and be ridiculous for a few more days.*

No comments:

Post a Comment