Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Sunday Funday...Sort Of

Hey Friends.

So, this past Sunday I decided to take my breakfast and go down to Quiet Cove Park.  It was my own little baby version of having Sunday Funday as I still had to go to work later that day.  It's better than nothing -- no judging.

As I was the only person in the entire park, I decided to take some pictures.  It's what I do for fun, folks.  Also, consider this fair warning that this post is going to include a bunch of pictures.  If you're on a slow connection or this is going to massively drain your battery by trying to load it all -- you have been warned.

Path by the parking area.  Didn't have time to explore it.



The entrance can seem a bit creepy, but it's fine.



In the tunnel.  This is why we can't have nice things.



Nautical-theme flag...and some construction



Well, it is the Hudson River.  I wouldn't try eating anything, personally.



And that's why.  Didn't capture well, but there was a lovely film of some sort on the surface of the water.  


There is a little beach access.



Beautiful spot for breakfast, and I had it all to myself!



Walkway Over the Hudson and the Mid-Hudson Bridge to the South



View to the North, complete with train on the other side.



Somebody put in a lot of work on the graffiti on that train car to have it visible from the other side of the river.  And I kind of want that house.


An old silo, maybe?  I'm not really sure what it is.



Driftwood along the shore.



Does black & white make it look more artsy?


My breakfast buddy



There are some pretty flowers.



More flowers.


It's a nice little spot to wander around and relax before heading to work.  I don't know about you, but sometimes I just need to get out and breathe the fresh air. Clear your head and recharge before going back to the usual business of life.  Just unplug from everything and enjoy the little things.  Helps to put things in perspective.

And now that I sound like some kind of life coach, I think I'll stop my rambling.  












No comments:

Post a Comment