Thursday, November 2, 2017

It's Peachy Keen, Jelly Bean

Hey, Friends.

It's a gorgeous day out here -- almost 70 degrees in November! Since I am lucky enough to be on vacation this week, I decided that I had to get outside and enjoy it. It was also pointed out to me that there are probably hunters out at this time of year, and to be careful. Seeing as I already scared the shit out of myself last year by forgetting about the possibility of hunters, I decided to wander in  a more populated area.

I chose to visit Peach Hill Park: safely within the town borders near lots of houses. Should be a totally hunter-free zone, but I wore a bright colored shirt anyway to be on the safe side.

Turns out I didn't have to be too worried. I was literally the only person there. Granted school is in session and people are at work, but I was kind of surprised that I was the only person there. This might have been one of the last nice, warm afternoons we get this year. Worked out well for me!

Here, Friends. Let me share the ambiance with you. It was just me and the woodland creatures frolicking about on a lovely afternoon.





I took a few pictures, of course. That's how I roll. For those of you who didn't bother to click the little link above, Peach Hill used to be a big apple orchard before it became a park. (No, there are no peaches there, Friends. I know the name is confusing. Apparently there used to be peaches and pears grown there as well, back in the day.)

I walked a couple of the different trails today. I started with the Orchard Trail. It's my favorite. I love walking the trail with all of the old gnarled and twisted apple trees. It always makes me feel like I've been transported into a forest from a fairy tale. Why yes, I do have a very active imagination. You might also think I'm a bit weird. Whatever floats your boat.


Totally looks like an enchanted forest.


See how cool the trees look?


You can also make them look a bit sinister if you try hard enough


I really enjoyed the fact that it was a bit cloudy out today. Clouds + sun = cool light for pictures. I'm pretty sure it was also helpful in not getting a freaking sunburn. I wish I was kidding about that. I cannot count the number of times that shit has happened on days when I didn't think it was all that sunny, or that I was outside long enough for it to be possible.

Enough rambling about my sunburn issues. Let's move along to more pictures, shall we? Excellent.


Loved the clouds! Looked almost pink like sunset in the middle of the afternoon



Different part of the trail



View of the mountains from the summit of the park



Sun and clouds







Did I mention there are also some power lines that run through part of the park?



Fluffy



Berries



So pretty!



One of the few blossoms still lingering on a tree



Crows flying over


No one is going to reach those apples



Power lines with a view..and a leaf that very helpfully fell into view


And that is how I spent my afternoon. I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes I need to just take a break and unplug. Get away from all the bullshit that is going on in the world. Take a few moments for myself to just enjoy how beautiful the world really is. Breathe the fresh air. I highly recommend it, kids.







No comments:

Post a Comment