Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Art on the Farm

Hey, Friends.

Happy Fourth of July!  And Happy Tuesday to the rest of the world! I hope you're having a good day, wherever you may be.

I went to the parade in Hyde Park earlier this morning, and I'll be going to see the fireworks down by the river this evening. Earlier this afternoon, however, I went to see an outdoor sculpture exhibit with my Mom.  Art on the Farm

I'm a bit embarrassed to say that this was the first time I had ever been to Vassar Farm or the Poughkeepsie Farm Project.  I drive past the entrance on the way to work every day, but had never gone in to explore.

So what prompted me to go today?

Well, last week I noticed a big orange thing on one of the fields as I was sitting at a traffic light on the way to work.  It was just far enough away that I couldn't figure out if it was a sculpture or some kind of fancy new watering system.  I was intrigued.  I asked around and found out it was some sort of art display, but nobody really seemed to have any details about it.  Eventually a banner went up with the information.  (See the link above!)

It's really pretty cool.  I had to take pictures, of course.


Staged by Jean Brennan -- Beacon, New York


Starting From Scratch by Ed Benavente -- Beacon, New York


Angelina by Dick Crenson -- Pleasant Valley, New York


Lifecycle of an Idea by Julian Mackinnon -- New Paltz, New York


Cactus by Carl Grieco -- Hyde Park, New York


Man is an Island by Richard Marx -- Hyde Park, New York


Translogical Corner by Robert Parker -- Walton, New York


The Endless Picnic Tables, Then and Now by Chris Oliver -- Ithaca, New York


King Belotes by Jack Rusinek -- Marlboro, New York


Hoe Down by Peter Schlemowitz -- Beacon, New York


This would be "Whirly", but there seems to be a technical difficulty.


You Can't Find This on the Internet by Madeleine Cichy -- Ithaca, New York


Anomaly by Antonella Piemontese -- Beacon, New York


Walking on Eggshells by Anita Fina Kiewra -- Verbank, New York


Thunderhoof by Dave Channon -- Shandaken, New York


Wind Chapel by Nancy Steinson -- Beacon, New York


Setting Sun by Tom Holmes -- Greeley, Pennsylvania

The last one is a very bad picture.  I had to take it from the car at a traffic light.  That is the piece that lured me in to begin with.  

I would encourage everyone to go see this.  The pictures don't do the pieces justice.  It's an easy walk, and the farm is very pretty.  I'll definitely be going back since I had no idea there were so many nature trails on the property as well.  

And I had to take some random pictures while I was there.

Flowers


Door


Not that I'm playing favorites or anything, but this was really cool.  Walking through the trees to the giant mushrooms.  Made me think of Alice in Wonderland.




No comments:

Post a Comment