Friday, April 24, 2015

Don't Hate Me, Dear Book Group

Tomorrow night my book group is discussing A Night to Remember by Walter Lord, about the sinking of the Titanic. 

I always make treats/snacks for our group and try to somehow tie it in to the book we will be discussing.  

I tried to keep it classy.  I really did!  I had big plans for recreating the fancy desserts they surely must have served the first-class passengers. 

Then came Monday night. 

A coworker and I were looking up the menus of what had been served, plotting what I should attempt to make, and we were not that thrilled with the results.  Lots of variations on bread pudding and fresh fruit.  I was not very thrilled by either idea. 

And then we kind of dropped the plan, and just Goggled ideas.  

And we kind of wound up on Pinterest  -- where interesting ideas are found, and often where they should stay without ever being recreated in actuality. 

We kind of fell in love with one idea. It was so cute!  Classy?  Definitely not a word that would be used for it, but I was smitten.  After seeing it there was no way I could pass up the opportunity to make them. 

So I did it. I made them. 

Tomorrow night when we are discussing a book about a terrible tragedy where so many people died, I will be serving these:


Cupcakes topped with little sinking Titanics, made out of Twinkies and KitKat bars. 

I might be a horrible person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment