I loved my AC, then I didn't, but now I do again
Currently, at 6pm, it is 96 degrees outside, with a heat index of 103.
I had the day off and have spent it cleaning the house and getting ready for the arrival of my niece and nephew. My house is not huge, but there is absolutely no shade on it. It literally bakes until the sun sets.
I have had 2 air conditioners running a majority of the day, and it has managed to keep the house at about 83 degrees. Not horrible, but not great either.
Did you ever get a craving, and you know that nothing else is going to get accomplished until you do something about it? I got wicked craving for Dunkin Donuts iced coffee. Literally could not stop fantasizing about it. Sure, I could make iced coffee at home, but it never comes out as good.
I was hot from cleaning, and a bit pissed off that I was running two air conditioners and still watching the temperature in my house climb. Screw it! I'm going to DD.
Here is how you regain your love of your AC, which you had been totally convinced was slacking off on the job:
1) Decide you need iced coffee.
2) Step out onto back porch and notice a temperature difference.
3) Check thermometer on back porch, where it is registering 98 in the shade.
4) Get in car. Die of heat.
5) Crank AC in car and drive to DD, hoping you don't melt into a puddle before arriving.
6) Get iced coffee. Bliss!
7) Drive home and notice AC in car is finally winning the battle with the heat just as you pull into the driveway.
8) Go back in house and realize how cool it truly is.
9) Reaffirm love and affection for your AC out loud, and promise to never doubt it again.